- Name: Convertible Marka
- International Banking Code (ISO CODE): BAM
- Numeric code: 977
- You can check the exchange rates of the Central Bank of Bosnia&Herzegovia at: http://www.cbbh.ba/index.php?id=4&lan… They may vary a little in other banks.
- It’s easiest to use euros when exchanging. But you won’t have many troubles exchanging any other major currency. You’ll need your passport and the people at the banks tend to be very helpful and speak some English.
- Remember to exchange any leftover currency before you leave the country because you won’t be able to once you’re home.
ATM’s, Credit/Debit Cards and similar
- Most of the shops and restaurants in all the larger cities accept credit/debit cards. There are some small ones and almost all in smaller towns that don’t. So it might be a good idea to have some cash with you.
- Most of the banks and post offices in Bosnia&Herzegovina are Western Union partners.
- There is at least one ATM in every place that has more than a few residents.